Few rules as a compass to move into Project Vasari
1- Useful windows on display
Project browser and Properties are usually, by default, the two windows side by side with the 3d view(by the way, you can choose between perspective and orthogonal view, but the second one isalmost always preferable for its "efficiency"). If they disappear, you can display them again following this path on the ribbon panel: MANAGE- USER INTERFACE.
Many ways are available to move around the model, but the race to handling is won, probably, by this combination: right hand on your mouse, with a finger in central button, left hand on your keyboard. To translate the model view(PAN), is enough the central button pressed; to rotate around the model press SHIFT too; in order to zoom the view, leave SHIFT and press Ctrl.
3- Selection and Filter
When two or more objects are overlapped in the view orientation where you lies, using TAB key, with the cursor put on the hybrid zone, you can slide all the objects can be selected in that zone(read, in the bottom-left on the screen, the name of the element, corresponding for each TAB pressure). If you need to select a set of elements belonging to the same type of object(all the masses, for example), after a gross window selection, you can filter it by clicking the funnel on the right-bottom of the screen.
4- Extrude a solid
Unlike other softwares, the creation of 3d solids and surfaces occurs by the same tool. The first and simplest exercise to obtain familiarity with the path of creation of a mass is an extrusion starting by a 2d profile:
Mass Re-Cladding Mass Customization of Complex Facade Components for Recladding Promoter: Permasteelisa Group
Partners: Politecnico di Milano - Dipartimento BEST - Università Roma Tre - Dipartimento DIPSA Sponsors and Cloud: Solido3D [Filippo Moroni] -OIKOS - AGC, Tiger AC, Buro Happold Engineers, McNeel Europe
The workshop was structured in more phases:
- A presentation of the work that students was going to do, first whit Arch. S. Converso and then whit Filippo Moroni (Solid3d's owner)
- The students had to work (manually) on polystyrene box to create a first conceptual form of the future panel; studentswere divided intogroups
- the day after, whit my explanation (Arch.D.Nardone), the student have learned the first step to create a virtual panel in rhinoceros3d and they have learned the differnce between cellular facade and curtain wall
- with Filippo Moroni Collaboration, two students from each group have made a 3d scan of their polystirene box, and after the 3d model, imported in rhinoceros 3d was modfied.
- in University "laboratory models", whit a CNC machine the students have create a fisic cast, cutting high density polistyrene.
- the cast was used to create a plaster mold, some group paint their plaster mold, someone have used the plaster mold to termoform a polycarbonate shet, someone to create a cover in fiberglass.
Sistema di coperture leggere
Location: Civitavecchia - Italy
Cloud: Matteo Sarrocco
Stato: in corso
Il progetto consiste in un sistema di coperture per una rimessa barche che si trova a Sant'Agostino a pochi chilometri dal porto di Civitavecchia.
La struttura dovrà ospitare barche di diverse dimensioni sia in altezza che lunghezza, da qui nasce l'idea di parametrizzare i moduli del sistema.
I riferimenti per questo progetto sono stati le serre, tipiche strutture dell'architettura rurale, e la MOMI Tent di Future System.
SHoP Works: Collaborazioni Costruttive in Digitale Collana "La Rivoluzione Informatica in Architettura"
In questo libro l'attività di Shop architects è assunta a caso emblematico delle aree di ricerca, delle applicazioni e anche del crescente successo di uno studio statunitense focalizzato sulle tecniche digitali di costruzione e progettazione.